The weather is finally nice, summer activities are gearing up and wedding season is in full swing. Outdoor venues are incredibly beautiful and provide a blank canvas to create the wedding of your dreams, but logistically there are several small details to remember. Here is an outdoor wedding checklist of simple items to make the experience perfect for your guests.
1. What to wear – inform guests of the ceremony and reception location. If you are planning on holding your wedding in the sand or grass, let the guests know – no one wants to ruin a pair of shoes!
2. Rain or shine, grab a parasol – whether it is going to be a scorcher or a chance of rain, parasols provide coverage for guests and still look great in pictures!
3. Water, water, water – make sure to provide guests with plenty of hydration options. Do varieties of flavored water on a cute beverage cart or monogrammed water bottles – anything to keep the guests as cool as possible.
4. No one likes bugs – mosquitoes, bees and flies can be the buzz kill of the party (yes, pun intended). Make sure to provide guests with bug spray, citronella candles and even consider having the area professionally sprayed a few days before the event. It’s the little things that can either make the party great or send people home early. Check out the link below for a chic, all natural way to keep the mosquitoes away!
5. No sunburns here – applying sunscreen usually isn’t on the top of the list for guests when they are getting ready to go to a wedding. Have some sunscreen available for the ceremony and reception.
6. Turn it up – guests want to be able to hear your vows and the hilarious stories the best man and maid of honor share during the toasts. Make sure that there is a sound system for the ceremony and that the band or DJ has enough power for all of their equipment during the reception.
7. Fitting favors – giving the guests a wedding favor? Why not have it double as something fun to help celebrate during the day. Sunglasses, flip flops or fun drinking glasses can all serve their purpose during the wedding (and create for some great pictures).
Cheers to a wonderful outdoor wedding!
– xoxo –